Title: Industrial Estimator
Job Location: Madison, MS
Malouf Construction is a 35-year-old, Mississippi-based construction firm, specializing in Civil, Industrial, and Marine Construction. Our customer base consists of public and private entities, and we deliver projects through various project delivery systems including design-bid-build, design-build, and design-assist. We are licensed in Mississippi and all surrounding states.
Our firm is seeking an Industrial Estimator to join our pre-construction team, whose primary focus will be on industrial design-build opportunities.
The Estimator’s duties will include:
- Aspects of marketing, front-end services, and conceptual design
- Programming with potential customers to develop project scope and design requirements
Coordinating with consultants as required to develop preliminary design for project budgeting
Estimating self-perform activities and coordinating with subcontractors and vendors
Preparing bid packages from conception through final submission
Coordination with consultants to finalize construction documents as needed
Preparing subcontracts, purchase orders, and job cost budgets for the project management
Aid in researching and tracking potential business opportunities
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and 5+ years’ experience estimating or managing industrial building, structural concrete, and/or commercial construction projects.
- Show an understanding of construction and engineering techniques and their suitability
- Have a practical knowledge of safe working practices
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism in the production of deliverables and in interactions with clients, suppliers, and employees
- Have technical skills related to estimating software, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Expect to work closely with the senior estimating team and have the ability to travel to project sites and meet customers as needed